Campland on the Bay is the perfect workation destination.
On September 15, Campland debuted their Open-Air Study Hall. "We realized we had a number of families staying with us and children needed a place to do their online schooling," said Ahmed Ait-Lahcen, General Manager of Campland on the Bay. "Our team went to work, converting our large white tent normally used for gatherings into an open-air study hall." The open-air tent offers strong wifi, power outlets, and socially-distanced tables and chairs. The study hall is open from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is available on a first-come basis.
San Diego's Ultimate Workation
Camp along the shores of Mission Bay and enjoy the ocean breeze. Once school is done, families can enjoy all the outdoor fun offered at Campland.
- Swim in the two swimming pools or the swimming lagoon in Mission Bay.
- Build sandcastles and play on the sandy beach
- Explore Mission Bay via kayaks, pedal boats, and hydrobikes which are available for rent at the marina.
- Enjoy the trails around Mission Bay on foot or by bicycle
- Bring your dog to our off-leash dog park, called Dogwood Park
- Treat the kids to ice cream at our Campland Ice Cream Parlor
- Dine on the patio of the Campland Cantina, open for lunch, dinner, and weekend breakfasts.
- Finish the work and school day sitting around a campfire and make s'mores.
Campland was named "Best San Diego Staycation" by the 2019 San Diego Tribune Reader's Pool. Bring your RV or tent and book your site at Campland on the Bay. If you don't own an RV, we work with RV rental companies that deliver and set up the RV at your campsite.
It's Time for a Camping Workation!
Open-Air Study Hall Rules
We ask all families to abide by the following rules when using the study hall:
- Parental supervision is required for each family group.
- Only one family group is allowed per table.
- Do not move tables.
- Use of headphones is required by children and adults. Be courteous to others and keep voices down.
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required at all times.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from other family groups.
- Alcohol-free beverages are allowed. No food allowed.
- Please wipe down the area after use with cleaning supplies provided.
- If you are not well, do not enter or use this facility.
Note: If rules are not followed, you may be asked to leave. The facility is weather-dependent. The use of study hall is at your own risk.