Create Memorable Family Vacations at Campland
Family. Friendly. Fun.
Families love Campland and many of our guests have come for generations! We have grandparents, parents and children staying here year after year, creating lasting memories and traditions. If you are looking for family-friendly fun, Campland is the place to be.
Why is Campland great for families?
- Family time - with busy lives, family time is precious. Families can create treasured memories by doing things together. Roasting marshmallows by the campfire, taking a boat out on the bay, paddling in kayaks or peddle boats together, or taking part in planned activities makes for great family togetherness.
- Generations come to Campland. We have grandparents, their children, and now their children's children all coming to Campland. Treasured memories and traditions are born here.
- Parents and kids can take breaks from each other. Campland is a place where kids can be kids! They can easily join the planned kids' activities and meet new friends, play together in the game room, beach, playground or skateboard park. Kids can ride bikes or watch live entertainment with other kids. Parents can get a break while the kids are away at play and feel young again themselves.
- There are so many recreational activities to enjoy. From all the activities within Campland, to all the attractions Mission Bay and San Diego offer, you could spend a lifetime exploring it all.
Throughout San Diego, Campland is known for its family-friendly fun.
From full hook-ups and pull through sites, to our fully loaded Super Site, we have a variety of sites to suit your needs. Our sites come in various sizes to fit tents, RV and trailer sizes. Voted "One of the Top Ten Urban Campgrounds" by USA Today, families love staying at Campland on the Bay.
Kids love the supervised activities hosted by our recreation department. Some of their favorites are human foosball, bubble soccer, dodgeball and the new 22-foot slip n' slide. You'll find out why kids love Campland within minutes of your arrival when they take off to ride their bikes, play in Central Park or participate in the planned activities.
Pools & Hot Tubs
Whether it's family fun time at the pool or a refreshing dip after a long bike ride, Campland's got a sparkling pool waiting! Stay awhile, relax or sunbathe - there are sunny and shaded areas as well as umbrellas and tables by the pools. There are two pools; swim laps in one, and play with the kids in the other which is better suited for the young kids.
The pool area is a great place to socialize and meet fellow campers.
Bicycle & Watercraft Rentals
Campland is a great place to ride bikes, especially if you would like to pedal around Pacific Beach or Mission Bay Park. The area is very flat with dedicated biking and hiking paths.
Campland offers a half court for lively basketball games. Join fellow campers for a quick game of hoops during your stay. Don't be surprised if the basketball court has a lively game of dodgeball going instead.
Dining & Entertainment
Campland knows not everyone likes to cook while they are on vacation. Within the resort, we offer the Campland Cantina, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Hours do vary by season.)
Our Market & Coffee serves fresh, tasty coffee drinks daily.
- The Gaslamp Quarter: Eat, Drink, Shop in the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego. Known for its nightlife and rooftop bars, the Gaslamp District is also a fun place to walk and shop during the day!
- The USS Midway Museum: Once America's longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century, today the the Midway is an interactive maritime museum for the whole family.
Campland on the Bay offers an unparalleled suite of amenities and facilities for guests of all ages. Our RV resort has the most amenities in the San Diego area, by far.