Last updated October 10, 2018
Campland, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, which owns and, through its affiliated management company, Terra Vista Management, Inc., a California corporation (collectively with Campland, LLC referred to as “Campland” or “we” or “us”), operates Campland on the Bay in San Diego, California, believes in protecting personal information and privacy. We take pride in the relationships we have been able to build with our customers and guests, and have established the following Privacy Policies for their benefit and protection.
I. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
We recognize the utmost importance of the need to protect the personal information of children. For this reason, we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. Posting of images and other personal information by children under 13 years is strictly prohibited by Campland. If we do collect personal information from a child under 13 years old, we may maintain that information only as long as it is reasonably necessary as required by law, or to fulfill a request with parental consent. If we discover we possess information from a child under 13 in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, or other relevant laws, we will seek to delete the information immediately.
Campland provides a link that allows parents/legal guardians to post images, including images and other personal information of their children, on the Campland pages located on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Campland only supplies links to social media sites that prohibit posting of images by children under 13 years. A parent/legal guardian may also post images of his or her child via social media directly on the Campland page on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites. No other personal information concerning a child under the age of 13 is made available or disclosed by Campland. Campland does not share images or other personal information on its webpage with any other party or website.
Any parent/legal guardian can review or have deleted his or her child’s images and other personal information and refuse to permit its further collection or use. Please click the following link email@example.com, or call (858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration” to request a deletion of your child’s image and other personal information and/or to refuse to permit any further collection or use.
Should an individual have any inquiries or concerns about information concerning children under the age of 13 years or about our privacy practices in general, the operator collecting and/or maintaining personal information through the Campland website and who will handle all inquiries from parents/legal guardians and other interested individuals may be contacted as follows:
Attn: Company Secretary
6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration” firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Collection and Use of Information
1. Information We Collect.
- Information that is provided when a reservation is made, information is requested or a product or service is purchased from us, including addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and payment information.
- Information shared with us by posting images and other personal information on our website or Campland pages on social media websites, and information we gather from customers and guests at Campland on the Bay in San Diego, California, including names, photos, videos and other digital media. Each customer and guest of Campland on the Bay by entering and using the facilities or visiting the Campland website grants to Campland a license to use such materials. This license may be revoked by contacting Campland in writing at the above address and requesting the removal of such information from the Campland website and other promotional materials.
- Photos, videos and other digital media taken by us of visitors visiting at Campland on the Bay. Each customer and guest of Campland on the Bay by entering and using the facilities or visiting the Campland website grants to Campland a license to use such materials. This license may be revoked by contacting Campland in writing at the address above and requesting the removal of such information from the Campland website and other promotional materials.
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including IP addresses or device identifier, when visiting our sites, or opening emails from us.
2. Creating an Account. We may allow creation of an account with us when making a reservation on our website or by phone or in person at Campland; however, creating an account is not required to make a reservation. Our reservation process requires customers to provide a name, a mailing address, a telephone number, cell phone, email address, and password. By creating an account with us, we can provide a better, simpler, and more interactive experience. The contact information provided will be used to contact the account holder regarding the status of a reservation or order, answering questions, and, unless the account holder has chosen to opt-out, to send communications about upcoming special rates, contests, promotions, product information, and similar notifications. By creating an account, the account holder acknowledges and agrees to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her account information and password. The account holder also acknowledges he/she is responsible for all use of our website under the account.
3. How We Collect Information.
Information is collected when entered by users on our website, when making a reservation in person, online, by phone, or by fax, when creating an account, when responding to customer surveys, and when customers and guests of Campland register at the front desk, fill out forms or otherwise share information. We also collect digital images by taking photos and videos of customers and guests and activities at Campland. Campland and/or Campland customers and guests and online users of the Campland website may also collect and post digital images related to Campland and its customers and guests on third party social media websites.
Information may also be automatically collected through technology such as cookies, log files, web beacons, and other technologies when you visit our sites or interact with or emails. A cookie is a small data file which our site leaves on your web browser, in order for the site to remember you and your personal preferences when you return to the site.Users of our site may adjust their browser settings to limit certain tracking features or to decline cookies; but by doing so, they may not be able to use certain features on our site or take full advantage of our offerings.
Customers can still utilize most of the features of our website without using cookies, including making a reservation or purchase, but we will not be able to recognize the customer as a returning user unless the customer logs into his or her account.
5. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Campland does not track users across third party websites to provide targeted advertising when a customer enables Do Not Track or similar mechanisms on a browser. For detailed information on browser tracking signals, Do Not Track, and similar technologies, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
6. How We Use Customer Information.
Campland or its agents may access customer information, unless prohibited under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- To process customer reservations and participation in activities and events, and provide the customer with products and services;
- To analyze, optimize, and improve the online experience, products, services and facilities;
- To communicate with customers regarding a reservation, account, transaction, and information requests relating to Campland;
- To post online or in other promotional materials the names, photos, videos, and other digital media of our customers and guests taken while at Campland;
- To provide information regarding features on our sites or changes to our policies; and
- According to choices and controls that may be selected:*To send users emails, offers, and promotions for our products and services; and
- To personalize content and experiences on our website.
7. Sharing Information with Other Companies.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support inquiries, processing transactions, database management and digital marketing. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to perform the service requested. Campland takes reasonable steps to ensure these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of personal information.
To the best of our knowledge, other parties may not collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Web site.
8. Social Media.
Our website may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, including links to other sites, which let users share actions taken on the website with social media providers such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with “friends” or the public, depending on the settings the user establishes with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
9. User’s Controls and Choices.
We provide users certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information. In accordance with relevant law, a user’s controls and choices may include:
- Choices for email subscriptions, newsletters, alerts, and similar communications;
- Requests for access to the personal information we hold about the user; and
- Requests for us or third parties to amend or delete personal information.
10. Data Security,Integrity and Retention.
We are committed to the security, integrity, and confidentiality of our users’ information. We have physical, administrative, electronic, and technical security measures which are designed to protect our users’ personal information from unauthorized viewing, access, disclosure, use, and modification. We periodically review all security procedures to consider appropriate new measures which become available to us.
Despite all efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain users’ personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill any requests, and will strive to dispose of all personal information in a secure manner when the information is no longer reasonably necessary.
11. Removal of Content.
If an individual’s likeness or other personal information appears in any Campland publication or on its website, the customer may ask us to remove it by writing to email@example.com. We will begin to process your request within 30 days. Please note that processing a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content that was posted on Campland social media pages (as those are third party sites).
III. Your California Privacy Rights
Campland does not share its customers’ personal information with companies or others for the third parties’ direct marketing use. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories, if any, of personal information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such personal information. California residents who wish to obtain a copy of this notice should submit a written request to the following address: Campland, LLC, Attn. Company Secretary, 6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560, Los Angeles, CA 90048. The resident should specify in the request that he/she wants a “Your Campland’s California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
V. Contact Information
Attn: Company Secretary
6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560 Los Angeles, CA 90048
(858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration”