Campland's Response for COVID-19
We recognize that you may have concerns or hesitations about traveling due to the latest news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19). On behalf of Campland on the Bay, we wanted to let you and all our guests know that your health and safety is our top priority.
As such, we continue to welcome guests to our resort as we implement precautions to provide a safe and enjoyable experience. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, we are taking additional measures to promote safety and provide an enjoyable experience. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning protocols in all areas of the resort, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don't feel well for any reason.
- Social Distancing practices will also be implemented to help prevent the spread of viruses.
Here is an update on our resort operations:
- We are requiring social distancing throughout the resort. Per directives from the State of California, we cannot allow the congregating of groups of more than 10 people.
- We are practicing social distancing at check-in. Guests can check-in at the side window or come into the office one at a time. Each guest will be asked to sign their folio with a new pen which they can keep.
- Market & Coffee is open with new hours: Sunday - Thursday: 8 am - 6 pm, Friday-Saturday: 8 am - 7 pm. Please practice social distancing and pay via a card instead of cash if possible.
- Cantina food and bar is available for takeout. Food and drinks can be ordered by calling 858-581-4220.
- All activities and live entertainment are temporarily cancelled.
- Gameroom is closed temporarily due to COVID-19.
- Pools and spas are temporarily closed.
- Beach is temporarily closed.
- Skatepark is temporarily closed.
- Marina and Watersports rentals are temporarily closed.
- Playground is temporarily closed.
- Sports Court is temporarily closed.
- We can no longer guests of campers to visit Campland. We are allowing deliveries from Door Dash, Uber Eats and other food delivery outlets.
- Mission Bay is closed. All the hike, bike and walking trails and promenades/boardwalks are closed around Mission Bay.
We are also closely monitoring the latest development of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC, the State of California Department of Health and the San Diego Department of Health, and we are prepared to respond quickly based on their guidance and recommendations.
Your Travel Flexibility
We understand the uncertainty brought on by current events and the hesitation you may have when booking a new reservation or when deciding whether to keep an existing reservation. To provide additional peace of mind, please note the following, applicable to all leisure travel reservations:
- All current and new reservations for stays through December 31, 2020, maybe canceled without penalty. Our Reservations Team is available to assist with rescheduling reservations.
- For reservations made as part of a group booking, please contact your group organizer/wagonmaster for additional information.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns you may have at 858-581-4200 and to visit this page for up-to-date information.
What Campers Can Do to Help
Campland urges you, our campers, to do your part when staying with us and to follow CDC guidance to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The CDC guidelines ask everyone to:
- Practice social distancing between yourself and other groups
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick
For high-risk populations, such as the elderly and people with underlying conditions, we ask that they take extra caution and follow CDC guidance for those at higher risk of serious illness.
Thank you for your support and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest soon.
Ahmed Ait-Lahcen, General Manager, Campland on the Bay