Campland's Response for COVID-19
We recognize that you may have concerns or hesitations about traveling due to the latest news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19). On behalf of Campland on the Bay, we wanted to let you and all our guests know that your health and safety is our top priority.
As such, we continue to welcome guests to our resort as we implement precautions to provide a safe and enjoyable experience. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, we are taking additional measures to promote safety and provide an enjoyable experience. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning protocols in all areas of the resort, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don't feel well for any reason.
- Social Distancing practices will also be implemented to help prevent the spread of viruses.
- Wear a mask when within 6 feet of anyone (other than members of your household)
- No congregating and/or cause gatherings of 10 people or more anytime and anywhere on resort grounds
- No visitors from outside and/or extra vehicles are allowed inside the Resort.
Market & Coffee Open:
Sun.-Thur. 10 am - 6 pm
Fri.-Sat: 10 am - 7 pm
Cantina Open for Takeout:
Serving full menu & bar
Call 858-581-4220 to order.
Marina - Watersports & Bike Rentals:
Fri.-Sun. 9 am - 5 pm
Open for Camping
Maximum 6 people per site.
Wear face masks outside of campsite.
Camping, Recreation & Amenities Update
Here is an update on our resort operations:
- We are requiring social distancing throughout the resort. Per directives from the State of California, we cannot allow the congregating of groups of more than 10 people.
- Please wear a facemask whenever you are out in public.
- The maximum occupancy at campsites is 6 people.
- We are practicing social distancing at check-in. Guests can check-in at the side window or come into the office one at a time. Each guest will be asked to sign their folio with a new pen that they can keep.
- Market & Coffee is open with new hours: Sunday - Thursday: 10 am - 6 pm, Friday-Saturday: 10 am - 7 pm. Please practice social distancing and pay via a card instead of cash if possible.
- Cantina food and bar service is available for takeout. Food and drinks can be ordered by calling 858-581-4220.
- Phase 1 of opening San Diego beaches has begun as of 4/27 which includes our beach at Campland. This means:
- Beaches and shorelines - only walking and running allowed. No stopping, sitting, or lying down.
- Oceans & Bays - surfing, kayaking, and single-person paddling allowed. No swimming is allowed.
- Closed - boardwalks, piers, parking lots and Fiesta Island
- Not allowed anywhere - gatherings and non-physical distancing activities.
- Our dog parks are open.
- The following amenities are temporarily closed: Huff & Puff Park/playground, planned activities, Campland Rocks concerts, pools and spas, video arcade, sports court, and Friendly Bowl skatepark.
- We can no longer allow guests of campers to visit Campland. We are allowing deliveries from Door Dash, Uber Eats, and other food delivery outlets.
We are also closely monitoring the latest development of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC, the State of California Department of Health, and the San Diego Department of Health, and we are prepared to respond quickly based on their guidance and recommendations.
Your Travel Flexibility
We understand the uncertainty brought on by current events and the hesitation you may have when booking a new reservation or when deciding whether to keep an existing reservation. To provide additional peace of mind, please note the following, applicable to all leisure travel reservations:
- All current and new reservations for stays through December 31, 2020, maybe canceled without penalty. Our Reservations Team is available to assist with rescheduling reservations.
- For reservations made as part of a group booking, please contact your group organizer/wagonmaster for additional information.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns you may have at 858-581-4200 and to visit this page for up-to-date information.
Thank you for your support and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest soon.
Ahmed Ait-Lahcen, General Manager, Campland on the Bay
How can campers protect themselves?
Campland urges you, our campers, to do your part when staying with us and to follow CDC guidance to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The CDC guidelines ask everyone to:
- Practice social distancing between yourself and other groups
- Wear a mask when out in public
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds - click to learn more on proper handwashing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick
For high-risk populations, such as the elderly and people with underlying conditions, we ask that they take extra caution and follow CDC guidance for those at higher risk of serious illness.
"Thank you for doing an amazing job keeping everyone safe during this pandemic, while still allowing campers to enjoy the outdoors! We appreciated the free masks and only allowing so many guests in the market at a time. We felt very comfortable and safe. Awesome staff you have working Campland!!"
Jennifer - 6/2/20
"Everyone was very friendly. Joe at the front gate is a wonderful guy. The cleaning crew for the bathrooms do a great job."
Keith & Gayle - 5/19/20
"All your staff did an excellent job! They had all these regulations and rules that they had (for COVID-19) and they did awesome. They were super nice about it but firm with their stuff. We had such a great weekend and all felt safe and secure your staff is amazing. I'd like to call out Ron who didn't an excellent job and stayed on top of everything. Until next time Campland thank you!!"
Kelly - 5/10/20